Dr. Seuss' The Grinch is an upcoming American 3D computer-animated Christmas comedy film produced by Illumination Entertainment.
- Benedict Cumberbatch as the Grinch
- This will be the second Illumination film to be based on a Dr. Seuss book, after The Lorax (2012), and the first film to be scored by Danny Elfman.
- Thus, it will also be the first animated Dr. Seuss film not to be composed by John Powell.
- The film was originally going to be released on November 10, 2017, but it was changed to November 9, 2018.
- This is the first Dr. Seuss film to be shot in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio, unlike the previous Dr. Seuss films that were produced in 1.85:1.
- The second Illumination film to not feature any humans, after Sing.
- This will mark the second film to be based on How the Grinch Stole Christmas, after the 2000 live-action film starring Jim Carrey.
- This is the first Illumination Entertainment's Christmas film.
- This will be Illumination Entertainment's first film to be released in November.
- The fifth Universal animated film to be released in November, after An American Tail, The Land Before Time, An American Tail: Fievel Goes West, and We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story.
- The third Illumination musical film, after The Lorax and Sing.
The Grinch - Official Trailer (HD)
The Grinch - Official Trailer 2 (HD)