Resurrection is a 1980 film which tells the story of a woman who survives the car accident which kills her husband, but discovers that she has the power to heal other people. She becomes an unwitting celebrity, the hope of those in desperate need of healing, and a lightning rod for religious beliefs and skeptics. The film stars Ellen Burstyn, Sam Shepard, Richard Farnsworth, Roberts Blossom and Eva Le Gallienne.
The movie was written by Lewis John Carlino and directed by Daniel Petrie.
It was nominated for two Academy Awards; one for Best Actress in a Leading Role (Ellen Burstyn) and another for Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Eva Le Gallienne).
In 2010, this film was released on DVD as part of the Universal Vault Series of DVD-on-Demand titles.
A novelization was written by George Gipe.
- Ellen Burstyn as Edna Mae (Harper) McCauley
- Jeffrey DeMunn as Joseph "Joe" McCauley, Edna's husband
- Roberts Blossom as John Harper, Edna's father
- Eva Le Gallienne as Pearl, Edna's grandmother
- Lois Smith as Kathy, Edna's cousin
- Sam Shepard as Cal Carpenter, Edna's lover
- Richard Hamilton as Reverend Earl Carpenter, Cal's father
- Richard Farnsworth as Esco Brown, owner of "Last Chance Gas"
- Sylvia Walden as Louise, a woman Edna heals in Los Angeles
- Madeline Thornton-Sherwood as Ruth, a townswoman Edna heals